Student Learning Services provides assessment and the proctoring of internal tests/exams. Assessments are by appointment only. An admission advisor will register you for your assessment.
|2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|Employment Training||5:30 pm||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|Professional Programs||5:30 pm||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
Building 802 – Please report to reception area.
Arrive at least 30 minutes earlier in order to walk to Building 802, check with reception, and be processed for the assessment/test. If you arrive late, you will not be permitted to start the assessment and will need to schedule another appointment. If you have to cancel your appointment, please contact the Learning Services Office at 403-235-9308 prior to the scheduled date or on Saturdays, contact 403-235-9300. If you do not cancel prior to your scheduled time, your application may be declined. Each case will be considered on an individual basis.
Please check in with the front desk and you may be provided with a parking pass. We ask that you park in a marked Columbia College parking stall that is not in the visitor section. This is for days. If you are attending in the evening or the weekend, please park in a marked Columbia College parking stall. No pass is required.
If there are no Columbia College spots available, you must park in the North Public Paid Parking lot (click here to see the map). There is metered parking.
Cost: $5.00 – whole day parking. Coins or Credit card accepted.
- All personal belongs must be placed at the front of the room or in a designated location as instructed by the Student Learning Services Administrator or Proctor. It would be a good idea to leave purses, bags, and good luck charms at home.
- Students are not permitted to wear outdoor clothing in the assessment/testing room.
- The use of cell phones and other electronic devices such as wireless access devices or headsets are not permitted at any time. Cell phones must be turned off and placed at the front of the room.
- You must present a picture ID card such as a Driver’s license. If you do not present picture ID, you will not be permitted to write the assessment/test.
- No talking is permitted in the assessment/testing room.
- Once you are finished your assessment/test, you must leave the building.
- If you have someone waiting for you outside of the test room, please ask the person to refrain from extended conversations on their cell phone and similar behaviour that might be heard in the test room or may disturb others. Children should not be brought to the College.
- You are required to remain in the assessment/test room for the entire time unless you finish early.
- Any act of cheating will invalidate the assessment/test. If caught cheating, you will be asked to hand in the assessment/test and leave the building.
Students who require accommodations due to a disability may be granted some accommodations without documentation. The student understands that their assessment results will not be considered valid unless the student provides documentation when they meet their Admission Advisor. If you have any questions, please contact Accessibility Services at email@example.com.
Length of Assessments
Length of different assessments vary according to the program. Calculators are not allowed in entry assessments for any program. Please plan for the following:
Total length of Assessments:
|Program||Type of Assessment||Length|
|ESL – English as a Second Language||Reading/Writing/Math||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
|Academic Upgrading||Reading/Writing/Math||2.5 Hours|
|Employment Training||Reading/Writing/Math||2.5 Hours|
|Reading Comprehension/Writing/Math||3 Hours|
|Justice and Public Safety
Health Care Aide
|Reading Comprehension/Writing||2 Hours|
- Professional Program Writing – 30 minutes long
- Reading Comprehension – 1 hour and 30 minutes long
- Professional Program Math – 1 hour long
- ESL Writing – 15-30 minutes long
- ESL Reading – 1 hour long
- ESL Math – 1 hour long
Let your advisor know if you are unable to stay for the full length of the assessment.