Career Focus Program
Graduates: Do you have a Certificate, Diploma or Degree? Are you out of work? Underemployed?
Employers: Are you struggling to find hard-working, energetic employees? Do you lack the time to review the resumes sitting on your desk? Pre-screen applicants?
Career Focus is here to help.
The program was created to help graduate students gain paid work experience in their studied field, while providing employers with pre-screened, qualified candidates.
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 30?
- Have you completed a College Diploma/Certificate, Trades Certificate, University Degree or a High School Diploma?
- Are you ineligible for EI?
- Contact the Career Focus coordinator with your resume and career goal.
- Once received, the coordinator will contact you for a telephone interview. An assessment may be arranged following.
- The coordinator will work with you to develop your resume, cover letter, job search, and interview skills.
- You will be directly placed with an employer in the field of your study for a paid work experience.
- Career Focus applicants are thoroughly pre-screened to ensure that only dedicated and professional individuals are forwarded to you.
- Employers receive a partial wage subsidy (please contact the coordinator for more information).
- Employers gain an energetic new employee at a lesser cost for a trial period of time.
- If you are looking to hire, contact us and the coordinator will short list suitable candidates for your review.
- Interviews will be scheduled following and, if the candidate is successful, the work experience will begin.
Contact Aly at email@example.com or 403-235-9300 ext. 309 to get started.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self